140 x 19mm Smooth Ipe Decking
Extra Short £66.05 per m2
Short £70.10 per m2
Medium £76.97 per m2
Long £110.65 per m2
Extra Long £118.85 per m2
All prices include VAT but exclude delivery
- 140mm x 19mm Ipe decking boards
- Available in 5 length groups
- Smooth profile
- Eased edges
- Extremely dense & durable hardwood
- Naturally resistant to insect and fungal attack
- Can be fitted using Deckwise hidden deck fastenings
- Reeded or Grooved IPE Decking is priced upon request
- Call our friendly decking team to place an order.
Ipe is renowned for its outstanding colouration. Whilst boards tend to range from light brown through to dark red, sparks of orange and green can also feature. When the different shades are fitted together, an impressive, contemporary, rich, dark and unique deck is achieved. This colour variation is widely sought after. IPE like many other species can be prone to worm hole, Short Grain & Grain Swirl which are natural defects and acceptable within grading. If, however, you are you are looking for a more uniform finish, we recommend one of our other decking timbers.
Our 140 x 19mm Ipe decking boards are offered in 4 length ‘groups,’ each with a different price. As such, you will be charged different metre rates if your order contains boards from separate groups. Precise stocks do vary, but we will always do our best to match your required tally. Please note that decking boards may be supplied over length, so you will need to ensure that your fitter has the correct tools on site to cut them down.
- Extra Short: 1.24 - 1.57m
- Short: 1.82 - 2.74m
- Medium: 3.05 - 3.96m
- Long: 4.27 - 5.12m
- Extra Long: 5.41m>
Hardwood Decking Wrench
We recommend installing your decking boards with the hardwood decking wrench. This is a self-locking deck board straightening tool that can be used to hold bent boards straight whilst fasteners are installed. See associated products below. We also offer a hire service.
We offer a unique range of decking components to complement your deck including Ipe handrail, baserail, posts, spindles and infill. For more information, visit our Decking Components Accessories section.
- Face Screwing: The traditional method. Simply screw through the face of the board into your sub-frame. Always Pilot Drill before fitting screws and drill 2mm oversize holes. We recommend 400mm centre to centre joist spacing. Each hole can be plugged.
- Deckwise Hidden Fastenings: allow you to lay your decking boards without the need for unsightly face screws. Each Deckwise clip screws into your sub-frame and then slots into the side of adjoining boards. We can pre-groove your decking boards for use with Deckwise or you have the option of using a biscuit jointer on site.
Whilst Ipe decking is the most stable of hardwoods, we recommend that you leave a 3-5mm spacing in between each board. Being a natural product there will be some expansion and shrinkage depending on climate.
Please note that as hardwood specialists, we do not stock softwood for sub-frames. We recommend that your source this from a standard timber merchants.
We recommend sealing the cut ends of your boards with an end grain sealer.