90 x 19mm Smooth Ipe Decking
£62.53 per m2£5.94 per linear
All prices include VAT but exclude delivery
- 90mm x 19mm Ipe decking boards
- Smooth both faces
- Eased edges
- Extremely dense & durable hardwood
- Ipe is naturally resistant to insect and fungal attack
- Boards come between 2m and 6m lengths.
- Can be installed using Face Screwing or Deckwise Hidden Fastenings
- Call our friendly Decking team to place an order.
Our 90mm Ipe boards are generally between two and six metres in length. Precise stocks do vary, but we will always do our best to match your required tally. Please note that decking boards may be supplied over length, so you will need to ensure that your fitter has the correct tools on site to cut them down.
Ipe is renowned for its outstanding colouration. Whilst boards tend to range from light brown through to dark red, sparks of orange and green can also feature. When the different shades are fitted together, an impressive, contemporary, rich, dark and unique deck is achieved. This colour variation is widely sought after. IPE like many other species can be prone to worm hole and Short Grain which are natural defects and acceptable within grading. If, however, you are you are looking for a more uniform finish, we recommend one of our other decking timbers.
We offer a unique range of decking components to complement your deck including Ipe handrail, baserail, posts, spindles and infill. For more information, visit our Decking Components section.
Hardwood Decking Wrench
We recommend installing your decking boards with the hardwood decking wrench. This is a self-locking deck board straightening tool that can be used to hold bent boards straight whilst fasteners are installed. See associated products below. We also offer a hire service.
- Face Screwing: The traditional method. Simply screw through the face of the board into your sub-frame, plugging the hole if required. Always Pilot Drill before fitting screws and drill 2mm oversize holes. We recommend 400mm centre to centre joist spacing.
- Deckwise Hidden Fastenings: A recent innovation that allows you to lay your decking boards without the need for unsightly face screws. Each Deckwise clip screws into your sub-frame and then slots into the side of adjoining boards. Deckwise clips should be used with Ipe as this automatically provides the required spacing. We can pre-groove your decking boards for use with Deckwise clips, or you have the option of using a biscuit jointer on site
Whilst Ipe decking is the most stable of hardwoods, we recommend that you leave a 3-5mm gap between each board. Being a natural product there will be some expansion and shrinkage depending on climate. Please note that as hardwood specialists, we do not stock softwood for sub-frames. We recommend that you source this from a standard timber merchant.
We recommend sealing the cut ends of your boards with an end grain sealer.
- Decking oil: The most common finish for any hardwood deck. This product contains UV filters to delay the silvering process that strong sunlight causes in any hardwood.