Steel Allium Cube Planter - 25% Off
All prices include VAT but exclude delivery
- 2mm thick Weathering Steel
- Allium Square Cube Planter
- Weathers to develop its own protective rust finish
- Can be at any point throughout the weathering process when received
- Any surface marks/scratches will disappear as the steel weathers
Dimensions & Weight (Approx.)
- CSAC40: 40 x 40 x H.40cm
- CSAC50: 50 x 50 x H.50cm
- CSAC60: 60 x 60 x H.60cm
- CSAC70: 70 x 70 x H.70cm
- CSAC80: 80 x 80 x H.80cm
- CSAC100: 100 x 100 x H.100cm
On exposure to the elements, weathering steel will develop a protective, striking rust appearance with warm rich textures not always associated with metal. Due to the chemical composition of weathering steel, a very dense oxidisation layer is formed during the weathering process which protects the blue steel inside. If this protective barrier is compromised, it will simply form a new skin to protect itself. Weathering steel is extremely durable and has a far higher resistance to atmospheric corrosion than other steels.
Step by Step Weathering Guide
- Stage 1 - Freshly manufactured steel. At this stage the dark oily residue coats the steel.
- Stage 2 - The oily residue is beginning to break down, as the steel begins to weather.
- Stage 3 & 4 - The “Run-Off” stage – This can take around 3-9 months depending on weather and positioning.
- Stage 5 & 6 - The final stages of the weathering process. Some “Run-Off” may still occur as the steels patina develops to a striking, more consistent appearance.
During the weathering process the steel produces carbon run off or staining to adjacent materials such as stone or concrete. To reduce this possible staining, we recommend raising the product up off the ground by using a suitable stand, blocks of wood, slabs and such like; this will prevent any direct contact with the flooring material. After the initial reactive period weathering steel will cure and self-seal with little to no carbon run off. The weathering process is integral to this product and as such we will not accept any responsibility for damage caused to surrounding materials. Please ensure you do not place your product on any surface that may be damaged during the weathering process.