No. 2 Grade – Red Label Western Red Cedar square edge shingles cladding
- Western Red Cedar Shingles
- Made in USA certified to 3 grades in accordance with the Cedar Shake & Shingle Bureau
- No.1 Blue, No.2 Red and No.3 Black label
- Ideal for cladding and roofing
- Extremely resillient to the effects of weathering
- Self-preserving, requires no treatment
- Coverage varies with pitch
- At 14-22° recommended exposure is 95mm, 1 bundle will cover 1.73m2
- At 22°+ recommended exposure is 125mm, 1 bundle will cover 2.28m2
- At vertical recommended exposure is 190mm, 1 bundle willcover 3.74m2
- Recommend using stainless steel annular ring nails - 1kg will do 4 bundles at 2 nails per shingle.
Western Red Cedar Shingles, certified in accordance with the Cedar Shake & Shingle Bureau to 3 grades: No.1 Blue, No.2 Red and No.3 Black Label.
Western Red Cedar Shingles, made in the USA and certified in accordance with the Cedar Shake & Shingle Bureau to 3 grades: No.1 Blue, No.2 Red and No.3 Black Label. Ideal for cladding & roofing. Extremely resillient to the effects of weathering. Self-preserving, requires no treatment. 1 bundle contains 8.32m2 of shingles of widths between 75mm and 380mm (nominally 228mm). Actual coverage varies with pitch from 1.73m2/bundle to 3.47m2/bundle. Recommended fixings: Stainless steel annular ring nails. As a guide, approximately 1kg will be required to fix 4 bundles of shingles, using two nails per shingle.
By machining cedar on site, we are able to manage board quality and ensure that the timber is of suitable moisture content.
It also allows us to cut, within reason, to your required size (width and thickness), although this depends on the raw material available. We use number 2 clear grade cedar, which allows for sound knots.
Please note that decking boards may be supplied over length, so you will need to ensure that your fitter has the correct tools on site to cut them down.
Our cedar boards can vary in colour from a very pale through to a light orange, giving an airy, natural appearing look that will blend sympathetically with most surroundings.
Cedar boards are best installed using stainless steel fixings . Cedar is naturally very resinous and oily as such, it doesn’t require a lot of maintenance. To keep your cedar looking fresh, Cedar Oil can be applied every season.