Mild Steel Fire Pit **20% SALE**
All prices include VAT but exclude delivery
- 2mm thick Mild Steel
- Fire Pit/Burner
- Deep bowl design
- 50cm, 60cm, 70cm, 80cm, 100cm & 120cm
- Weathers to develop an attractive rust finish
- Can be at any point throughout the weathering process when received
- Not suitable for holding water
- Holes in the base for maximum air flow
- Some edges might be uneven & very defined
- If required, edges can be blunted immediately with a light sanding
- Stands & other burner accessories available to purchase separately
- For Kiln Dried Firewood & Eco Nuggets, head to our timber section
Dimensions & Weight (Approx.)
- MSFP50: 50 x 50 x H.14.5cm - 2.9kg
- MSFP60: 60 x 60 x H.19cm - 4.5kg
- MSFP70: 70 x 70 x H.19.5cm - 6kg
- MSFP80: 80 x 80 x H.27cm - 8.10kg
- MSFP100: 100 x 100 x H.34cm - 15kg
- MSFP120: 120 x 120 x H.38cm - 19kg
These garden burners are hand worked from sheets of 2mm Mild/Carbon steel. The level of carbon introduced to this alloy, (approximately 0.2%), has been carefully balanced to provide durability, whilst ensuring it remains sufficiently malleable to achieve our distinctive bowl shape. The steel will continue to rust as soon as it is exposed to the elements. The striking patina this creates will continue to develop over many months, so we do not recommend that these burners are placed on surfaces that are liable to stain as run-off may occur.These burners will provide years of service.
Step by Step Weathering Guide
- Stage 1 - Freshly manufactured Mild Steel. At this stage, the material is a shiny silver.
- Stage 2 - The silver is beginning to break down, as the Mild Steel begins to weather.
- Stage 3 - The Mild Steel continues to develop, this can take around 3-6 months depending on weather and positioning.
- Stage 4 - The final stages of the weathering process gives the Mild Steel a dark rust finish.