JOIN US AS A SALES CONSULTANT AT ROUND WOOD
We are seeking a motivated Sales Consultant to join our growing team.
Round Wood of Mayfield is a supplier of high-end products for the home and garden. These include oak-framed buildings, hardwood decking, cladding, engineered and solid flooring, joinery, beams, planters and garden features. Our headquarters are based in an ancient woodland near Mayfield, East Sussex and we have a workshop in Lamberhurst, Kent.
As the first point of contact with our customers, this position requires a sales professional who can quickly build rapport and then present our company’s products in a way that is engaging, while responding to questions in an efficient, professional and friendly manner.
E-Commerce represents a significant and fast-growing part of our business. Our sales team must be competent to use the basic MS Office 365 tools as well as be able to master inventory, CRM and online sales applications.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience within a sales and business development environment.
- Confident closing skills to secure sales on quotes provided.
- Strong communication skills both in writing and verbally.
- IT literate: MS Word, MS Excel, inventory management and CRM systems.
- Capable of learning to manage online sales and social media marketing systems such as eBay, Amazon, Instagram and Facebook.
- Capable of learning to take marketing-quality photographs of new products.
- Excellent telephone and customer-facing manner.
- Reliable and flexible, demonstrating a can-do attitude and initiative.
- A fun team-player.
- Knowledge of the following products: timber, decking, cladding, pots and planters, garden features, oak frame buildings. On the job product training will be provided.
- Both B2B and B2C experience.
- First Aid or Fire Marshall qualifications.
Maintain product information:
- You will be assigned a range of products.
- Maintain all data, including photos, necessary to sell these products.
- Prepare orders to replenish stock.
- Manage the lifecycle of these products: when to end and clear down stock.
- Identify new products to complement the range and keep it fresh and competitive.
- Initiate and drive product sales campaigns and assist with other marketing initiatives to generate business.
Manage the configuration and functioning of sales and social media marketing channels:
- You will be assigned a sales channel and/or social media marketing channel to manage.
- Understand how it works, how to configure it and how to maintain it.
- Assist with campaigns through these channels.
- Provide customers with advice on products and their applications.
- Provide accurate and timely quotations for the full range of products.
- Process sales and provide after-sales customer service.
- Assist with fulfilment activities such as despatch processing.
- Be available to cover one/two Saturday morning overtime shifts each month and occasional weekend trade shows.
- Enrolment in Workplace Pension Scheme
- On-site parking
- Operations Manager
- 08.00 – 16.30pm Monday to Friday
- 1-2 Saturday mornings 08.30 – 12.30pm per month overtime
- Round Wood of Mayfield Offices, East Sussex, TN20 6RG
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £9.50-£12.00 per hour depending on skills and experience