JOIN US AS A SALES CONSULTANT AT ROUND WOOD
We are seeking a motivated Sales Consultant to join our growing team.
Round Wood of Mayfield is a supplier of high-end products for the home and garden. These include oak-framed buildings, hardwood decking, cladding, engineered and solid flooring, joinery, beams, planters and garden features. Our headquarters are based in an ancient woodland near Mayfield, East Sussex and we have a workshop in Lamberhurst, Kent.
As the first point of contact with our customers, this position requires a sales professional who can quickly build rapport and then present our company’s products in a way that is engaging, while responding to questions in an efficient, professional and friendly manner.
Our Sales Consultants must have excellent communication skills, a willingness to work with a team and enthusiasm for the products being sold.
Knowledge and Experience:
- A flexible team player who can demonstrate a can-do attitude and the ability to use initiative.
- Strong communication skills both in writing and verbally.
- Experience within a sales and business development environment, preferably in one or more of the following areas: timber, decking, cladding, pots and planters, garden features: on the job product training will be provided.
- IT literate: MS Word, MS Excel, inventory management and CRM systems.
- Excellent telephone and customer-facing manner.
- A reliable, fun, team player.
- B2B, as well as B2C, experience preferred but not essential.
- Confident closing skills to secure sales on quotes provided.
- Maintain all information on a defined set of products and sales channels.
- Offer advice on products and their applications.
- Provide accurate and timely quotations for the full range of products.
- Process sales and provide after-sales customer service.
- Assist with fulfilment activities such as despatch processing.
- Liaise with Courier companies and the the Round Wood Transport team.
- Assist with marketing initiatives to generate business.
- Be available to cover one/two Saturday morning shifts each month and occasional weekend trade shows.
- Enrolment in Workplace Pension Scheme
- On-site parking
- Timber Sales Manager
- Monday to Friday
- Round Wood of Mayfield Offices, East Sussex, TN20 6RG
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £9.50-£12.00 per hour