Curved Corten Steel Fire Pit
All prices include VAT but exclude delivery
- Please NOTE; The shipping charges for the 150cm and 200cm CORTEN Fire Pits, calculated in the shopping basket, only cover delivery locations 75 miles from our store at Mayfield, East Sussex TN20 6RG. If your delivery location is outside of this area, please:
- Contact us to establish a delivery charge or,
- Contact us to arrange to collect from our Mayfield, East Sussex TN20 6RG site or,
- Proceed with your purchase, at the standard delivery rate calculated, and one of our team will contact you to establish the most cost-effective method and to take payment for any additional charges that may be applicable.
- 3mm thick Corten Steel
- Fire Pit/Burner
- Curved profile
- 60cm, 80cm, 100cm, 120cm, 150cm, 200cm
- Weathers to develop its own protective rust finish
- Can be at any point throughout the weathering process when received
- Any surface marks/scratches will disappear as the steel weathers
- Not suitable for holding water
- Hole in the base for maximum air flow
- Sits on circular foot welded to base
- Stands & other burner accessories available to purchase separately
- For Kiln Dried Firewood & Eco Nuggets, head to our timber section
Dimensions & Weight (Approx.)
- CSCFB60: 60 x H.12cm - 5kg (H.3cm x W. 22cm circular foot)
- CSCFB80: 80 x H.15cm - 15kg (H.3cm x W. 25.5cm circular foot)
- CSCFB100: 100 x H.18cm - 20kg (H.4cm x W.28.5cm circular foot)
- CSCFB120: 120 x H.21cm - 30kg (H.4cm x W.32cm circular foot)
- CSCFB150: 150 x H.26cm - 65kg (H.4.5cm x W.36cm circular foot)
- CSCFB200: 200 x H.27cm - 120kg (H.4.5cm x W.40cm circular foot)
Corten Steel, also known as weathering steel, is a special steel originally developed for bridge building and skyscraper construction due to its incredible strength. It develops a protective, striking rust appearance on exposure to the weather, creating warm rich textures not always associated with metal. Due to the chemical composition of Corten Steel, a very dense oxidisation layer is formed during the weathering process which protects the blue steel inside. If this protective barrier is compromised, it will simply form a new skin to protect itself. Corten Steel is extremely durable and has a far higher resistance to atmospheric corrosion than other steels.
Step by Step Weathering Guide
- Stage 1 - Freshly manufactured Corten Steel. At this stage the dark oily residue coats the Corten Steel.
- Stage 2 - The oily residue is beginning to break down, as the Corten Steel begins to weather.
- Stage 3 & 4 - The “Run-Off” stage – This can take around 3-9 months depending on weather and positioning.
- Stage 5 & 6 - The final stages of the weathering process. Some “Run-Off” may still occur as the Corten Steels patina develops to a striking, more consistent appearance.
During the weathering process the Corten Steel produces carbon run off or staining to adjacent materials such as stone or concrete. To reduce this possible staining, we recommend raising the product up off the ground by using a suitable stand, blocks of wood, slabs and such like; this will prevent any direct contact with the flooring material. After the initial reactive period Corten Steel will cure and self-seal with little to no carbon run off. The weathering process of Corten Steel is integral to this product and as such we will not accept any responsibility for damage caused to surrounding materials as a result of carbon run off from Corten Steel products. Please ensure you do not place your product on any surface that may be damaged during the weathering process.