Consili Corten Water Wall
- Crafted from Weathering Corten steel
- Can be at any stage of the weathering stage when received
- Available in 3 sizes
- Pre-weathering service available, contact us for prices
- Any surface marks/scratches will disappear as the steel weathers
- PUMP/LED spout included in price
- Requires a flat and level surface with no protruding points
- Requires either a weatherproof dual socket with a safety cut-off or to be hard-wired into an RCD-type box - GUIDANCE ONLY - PLEASE CONSULT A QUALIFIED ELECTRICIAN FOR CORRECT AND LEGAL INSTALLATION
- LED driver Unit: Input 230V/50Hz 2W (12V DC output)
- Includes pump and light fixtures
This Corten steel water wall creates a rustic, ever-changing patina over time. Cascading water and integrated LED lights provide serene illumination day or night. This self-contained sculpture makes a bold, contemporary statement in any outdoor space.
Make a bold statement in your outdoor space with this eye-catching water wall feature. Crafted from weathering steel, also known as Corten steel, this sculpture develops a rustic patina over time, eliminating the need for paint while providing a unique, ever-changing look. As water cascades down the textured surface, integrated LED lights illuminate the feature, creating a serene glow after dusk. Bring the sights and gentle sounds of flowing water to your landscape with this contemporary work of art. Available in three sizes, it's sure to become a conversation piece and standout focal point wherever it's placed. The simple, fluid design pairs perfectly with modern and industrial style homes. This self-contained water wall arrives fully assembled and ready to install. Just find a sturdy, level area in your yard or patio and let the sculpture work its magic. Over time, the steel will take on varying tones of rich orange and brown as the finish continues to evolve. REQUIREMENTS: A flat and level surface with no protruding points (like hardcore may have), sand or gravel is ideal and assists in levelling. The power cables, 1x for the pump and one for the LED driver unit, exit the water table via the overflow pipe (underneath the water table) and are approximately 8m. You will need either a weatherproof dual socket with a safety cut-off or, the plugs can be cut-off and the power cables hard-wired into an RCD-type box - THIS IS ONLY FOR ADVSIORY PURPOSES, PLEASE CONSULT A QUALIFIED ELECTRICIAN FOR CORRECT AND LEGAL INSTALLATION Bring the sights and gentle sounds of flowing water to your landscape with this contemporary work of art. Available in three sizes, it's sure to become a conversation piece and standout focal point wherever it's placed. The simple, fluid design pairs perfectly with modern and industrial style homes.
Corten Steel, also known as weathering steel, is a special steel originally developed for bridge building and skyscraper construction due to its incredible strength. It starts out as a blue steel but on exposure to the elements, develops a protective, striking rust appearance, creating warm rich textures not always associated with metal. Due to the chemical composition of Corten Steel, a very dense oxidisation layer is formed during the weathering process which protects the blue steel inside. This natural fixed coating of rust provides protection against further corrosion. If this protective barrier is compromised, it will simply form a new skin to protect itself. Corten Steel is extremely durable and has a far higher resistance to atmospheric corrosion than other steels.
During the weathering process the Corten Steel produces carbon run off or staining to adjacent materials such as stone or concrete. To reduce this possible staining, we recommend raising the product up off the ground by using a suitable stand, blocks of wood, slabs and such like; this will prevent any direct contact with the flooring material. After the initial reactive period Corten Steel will cure and self-seal with little to no carbon run off. The weathering process of Corten Steel is integral to this product and as such we will not accept any responsibility for damage caused to surrounding materials as a result of carbon run off from Corten Steel products. Please ensure you do not place your product on any surface that may be damaged during the weathering process.
Step-by-Step Weathering Guide
- Stage 1 – Freshly manufactured Corten Steel. At this stage the dark oily residue coats the Corten Steel.
- Stage 2 – The oily residue is beginning to break down, as the Corten Steel begins to weather.
- Stage 3 & 4 – The “Run-Off” stage – This can take around 3-9 months depending on weather and positioning.
- Stage 5 & 6 – The final stages of the weathering process. Some “Run-Off” may still occur as the Corten Steels patina develops to a striking, more consistent appearance.
Corten can be easily cleaned using water and a soft brush. it can be sealed using a metal specific varnish, please note this will make the steel appear ‘wet’ or darker for the rest of the item’s life.
If Corten Steel is scratched or the weathered surface is damaged, it will re-weather (heal) itself back to the original weathered state, making the damaged area nearly undisguisable from the rest of the planter.
GET IN TOUCH
Looking for advice or would like a quote?
Fill out our quick form below and we’ll get back to you by the end of the next working day.