Corten Steel Riple Round Water Table **SALE** 25%
- Available in various sizes
- Thickness 2mm – 3mm Corten Steel depending on size
- Weathers to develop its own protective rust finish
- Can be at any point throughout the weathering process when received
- Pre-weathering service available, contact us for prices
- Any surface marks/scratches will disappear as the steel weathers
- PUMP/LED spout included in price
- Requires a flat and level surface with no protruding points
- Requires either a weatherproof dual socket with a safety cut-off or to be hard-wired into an RCD-type box – GUIDANCE ONLY – PLEASE CONSULT A QUALIFIED ELECTRICIAN FOR CORRECT AND LEGAL INSTALLATION
- LED driver Unit: Input 230V/50Hz 2W (12V DC output)
- Single Spout WT Pump: 230V/50Hz 45W
A round water table that requires little maintenance and boast an advanced closed water circuit that helps to prevent blockages. The water is gently raised around 50mm above the surface before cascading over in a rill that surrounds the table
Please note: this product is not silent, it will produce sound from the both the cascading, bubbling water and the running pump can be heard in certain circumstances. Requirements: A flat and level surface with no protruding points (like hardcore may have), sand or gravel is ideal and assists in levelling.The power cables, 1x for the pump and one for the LED driver unit, exit the water tabel via the overflow pipe (underneath the water table) and are approximately 8m. You will need either a weatherproof dual socket with a safety cut-off or, the plugs can be cut-off and the power cables hard-wired into an RCD-type box – THIS IS ONLY FOR ADVSIORY PURPOSES, PLEASE CONSULT A QUALIFIED ELECTRICIAN FOR CORRECT AND LEGAL INSTALLATION.Power Requirements: LED driver Unit: Input 230V/50Hz 2W (12V DC output) – Single Spout WT Pump: 230V/50Hz 45W
Corten Steel, also known as weathering steel, is a special steel originally developed for bridge building and skyscraper construction due to its incredible strength. It starts out as a blue steel but on exposure to the elements, develops a protective, striking rust appearance, creating warm rich textures not always associated with metal. Due to the chemical composition of Corten Steel, a very dense oxidisation layer is formed during the weathering process which protects the blue steel inside. This natural fixed coating of rust provides protection against further corrosion. If this protective barrier is compromised, it will simply form a new skin to protect itself. Corten Steel is extremely durable and has a far higher resistance to atmospheric corrosion than other steels.
During the weathering process the Corten Steel produces carbon run off or staining to adjacent materials such as stone or concrete. To reduce this possible staining, we recommend raising the product up off the ground by using a suitable stand, blocks of wood, slabs and such like; this will prevent any direct contact with the flooring material. After the initial reactive period Corten Steel will cure and self-seal with little to no carbon run off. The weathering process of Corten Steel is integral to this product and as such we will not accept any responsibility for damage caused to surrounding materials as a result of carbon run off from Corten Steel products. Please ensure you do not place your product on any surface that may be damaged during the weathering process.
Step-by-Step Weathering Guide
- Stage 1 – Freshly manufactured Corten Steel. At this stage the dark oily residue coats the Corten Steel.
- Stage 2 – The oily residue is beginning to break down, as the Corten Steel begins to weather.
- Stage 3 & 4 – The “Run-Off” stage – This can take around 3-9 months depending on weather and positioning.
- Stage 5 & 6 – The final stages of the weathering process. Some “Run-Off” may still occur as the Corten Steels patina develops to a striking, more consistent appearance.
Corten Steel is extremely durable. if it is scratched or the weathered surface is damaged, it will re-weather (heal) itself back to the original weathered state, making the damaged area nearly undisguisable from the rest of the planter. Corten can be easily cleaned using water and a soft brush. it can be sealed using a metal specific varnish, please note this will make the steel appear ‘wet’ or darker for the rest of the item’s life.
GET IN TOUCH
Looking for advice or would like a quote?
Fill out our quick form below and we’ll get back to you by the end of the next working day.