Rectangular Somni Corten Steel Water Table
All prices include VAT but exclude delivery
- Rectangular Somni Corten Steel Water Table
- 3mm thick Corten Steel
- Weathers to develop its own protective rust finish
- Can be at any point throughout the weathering process when received
- Pre-weathering service available
- Available in 7 standard sizes
- Water is gently raised around 50mm above the surface
- Comes with complete water feature kit
- Transformer powers the LED, 230V input - EURO plug (no adaptor)
- An electrician to hardwire the water feature is recommended
Availability & Lead Times
Round Wood are soon to hold a large number of Viridi products in stock. At present, most of these items are made to order with a lead time of 8+ weeks due to the effects of Covid-19. For any further advice on lead times please contact us prior to ordering. Once an order has been placed, a confirmation email will be sent for your final approval prior to manufacturing.
Dimensions & Weight (Approx.)
- VICB8: 300 x 80 x H.40cm - 70kg
- VICB4: 300 x 100 x H.40cm - 79kg
- VICB12: 300 x 120 x H.40cm - 88kg
- VICB5: 400 x 100 x H.40cm - 103kg
- VICB11: 400 x 150 x H.40cm - 130kg
- VICB10: 500 x 100 x H.40cm - 124kg
- VICB9: 500 x 150 x H.40cm - 158kg
Corten Steel, also known as weathering steel, is a special steel originally developed for bridge building and skyscraper construction due to its incredible strength. It develops a protective, striking rust appearance on exposure to the weather, creating warm rich textures not always associated with metal. Due to the chemical composition of Corten Steel, a very dense oxidisation layer is formed during the weathering process which protects the blue steel inside. If this protective barrier is compromised, it will simply form a new skin to protect itself. Corten Steel is extremely durable and has a far higher resistance to atmospheric corrosion than other steels.
Step by Step Weathering Guide
- Stage 1 - Freshly manufactured Corten Steel. At this stage the dark oily residue coats the Corten Steel.
- Stage 2 - The oily residue is beginning to break down, as the Corten Steel begins to weather.
- Stage 3 & 4 - The “Run-Off” stage – This can take around 3-9 months depending on weather and positioning.
- Stage 5 & 6 - The final stages of the weathering process. Some “Run-Off” may still occur as the Corten Steels patina develops to a striking, more consistent appearance.
During the weathering process the Corten Steel produces carbon run off or staining to adjacent materials such as stone or concrete. To reduce this possible staining, we recommend raising the product up off the ground by using a suitable stand, blocks of wood, slabs and such like; this will prevent any direct contact with the flooring material. After the initial reactive period Corten Steel will cure and self-seal with little to no carbon run off. The weathering process of Corten Steel is integral to this product and as such we will not accept any responsibility for damage caused to surrounding materials as a result of carbon run off from Corten Steel products. Please ensure you do not place your product on any surface that may be damaged during the weathering process. During the run off stage the water in our water features may become discoloured, however this can be reduced by oiling or using an appropriate neutralising water supplement such as chlorine tablets.
If the water you will be using in your feature does not have a neutral PH level, the run off process will be prolonged and an ongoing residue may form. As such, we suggest the use of a neutralising water supplement. Alternatively, the steel can be varnished with a rust oil, such as Owatrol. This should be carried out when the finish has developed to a satisfactory stage. We would still recommend maintaining neutral PH levels afterwards.